Successful Heroin Rehab Programs and Treatment Centers Talk to Someone Now
9 Inspirational Quotes to Remember During Recovery
September is National Recovery Month, and to get it started off right, I decided to reach deep down into my box of inspirational quotes and pull out some of the ones that I think can be helpful for someone in recovery from addiction. These are quotes that comfort, encourage, and motivate. Each one is dear to me and has helped me through difficult times in my own life. Hopefully they will serve you well! Let’s start with a quote that I keep on my refrigerator:
- “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It simply means that you have chosen to look beyond the imperfections.” -Unknown There are always going to be little stumbling blocks throughout your day. The best way to deal with them is to realize how small they really are and look past them to your goals. Keep your eyes on the prize and those little things won’t matter nearly as much.
- “Sometimes the wrong choices lead us to the right places.” -Unknown Life is a journey. All of those decisions you’ve made in your past have led you to this point. Now you are in the right place to take control of your life, and there’s no other way you could have gotten here.
- “Don’t judge me by my past. I don’t live there anymore.” -Unknown This one is especially helpful if someone keeps bringing up your past mistakes. Remember, you live in the now!
- “You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” -Edwin Louis Cole Sure, there will be some rough times during recovery. Just remember that you are trying to live a better life and that staying in the rough is not an option; that’s how you drown.
- “Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” -Unknown There is something that drives us all: It is that hope that there is something better on the horizon. By embracing this hope, we can achieve the impossible.
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” -Thomas Edison Keep this in mind when you are at your wit’s end, when things are not going your way. Get back up and try again. That’s the only way you’ll ever succeed. And make sure those around you know that you aren’t giving up: They will be the support you need if you ever think of giving up again. Post this quote on your bathroom mirror so you see it first thing in the morning and last thing before you go to bed.
- “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” -Dale E. Turner What can I say about this one? It is beautiful and inspires me every time I read it. It’s never too late to dream!
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.” -Anatole France As much as planning and acting on your plans is important, believing in them is just as important. Without the belief, you are simply a robot going through the motions. That is not going to get you the results you want. You have to believe in your actions to truly make the change.
- “Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.” -Richard Bach There is power in this simple statement. It’s about attitude. If you stop looking at the bad things and look for the opportunities presented by problems, you can rise above them. As you’ve probably noticed, these quotes are not all directly related to recovering from addiction. That’s because you are more than a recovering addict. You are a full-fledged person, and you’ll run into problems throughout your day. These quotes will help you focus on a positive attitude to help you get through the issue without resorting to your old crutch. Print them out, hang them around your home and office, and read them whenever you feel stressed. I hope they help!